You will be the first point of contact that many customers have with the Society, and therefore you are responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring a positive experience for anyone that requires your assistance. The goal being that they have a positive experience in the store & whilst travelling with us.
- To maximise your contribution to the branch sales performance as set against budget for both travel and travel money
- To deliver the key drivers (e.g. cruise, essentials) for the branch whilst delivering excellent levels of customer service
- To ensure that both personal and branch standards are in line with operational guidelines and reflect the high standards of the Society
- To participate in training sessions as required by the business to develop and maintain to the highest standard, practical knowledge of the Travel industry
- To maintain compliance in line with audit requirements
- To proactively participate in local community events and positively contribute to in store promotional activities to help deliver the Branch Marketing Plan
- To ensure all marketing material is displayed in line with Trading Standards guidelines
- To ensure all customer complaints are dealt with in line with both ABTA and Society guidelines
The Ideal Candidate
- Be able to actively promoting co-operation to Members, customers, colleagues and all key stakeholders
- Be able to Gain commitment through encouraging Society membership
- Committed to supporting the local communities in our Trading areas
- Have awareness of the importance of encouraging diversity
- Be able to effectively communicate at all levels – both verbally and in writing
- Have a vision of what the ultimate client experience is and can assist with the delivery of this
- Be a strong Member and client focus
- Be able to plan and organise
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have flexible approach to working hours
- Drive for achievement
- Have a positive approach to change
- Good IT skills – e.g. Word, Excel, Travel industry databases
- Have commitment to health, safety and compliance matters
- Actively contribute to the overall sales performance of the branch
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op