We've go an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transaction Surveyor to join and support our Property team.
Our property portfolio is a significant part of our business, made up of over 120 trading food stores and more than 60 funeral branches, as well as our travel and stonemasonry premises. We have just under 500 investment properties – residential and commercial – generating £8 million in income for the Society each year.
Because of COVID-19, we’re working from home at the moment and so the successful candidate will need to be able to effectively manage remote-working. Although the role will normally be based out of our Head Office at Wherstead Park on the outskirts of Ipswich, Suffolk, we’re happy to consider ongoing flexible working arrangements.
As Transaction Surveyor, you’ll:
- Support the management and asset management of the investment and trading portfolio
- Assist the Senior Transaction Surveyor with new store / branch acquisitions and property disposals
- Achieve best value from assets / business sales, property asset management, reletting and refurbishment
- Prepare and present accurate and timely reports for the Head of Estates, as well as the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Effectively manage external consultants and the services provided by internal colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
- Chartered MRICS General Practice Surveyor (or working towards RICS accreditation)
- Experience of negotiation (e.g. with developers, for lease agreements, lease and occupational specifications)
- Experience in acquisitions and disposals of property and business assets
- Experience of producing and present reports in a clear, concise and accessible way
- Enthusiastic and committed team-player
- Effective communicator (written and verbal), confident to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organisation skills; able to efficiently manage a multi-priority workload whilst under pressure
- IT literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook
- Current valid driving licence
Whilst the following isn’t essential (we’re more than happy to offer the right candidate the training and support they’ll need to be successful), we’d welcome applications from candidates with the following:
- Knowledge / experience of computerised property management systems (e.g. Propman)
- Knowledge / experience of a co-operative business (or similar)
- Rating / valuation experience
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve. If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
East of England Co-op