Team Manager (Food)
FIND OUT WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE A TEAM MANAGER FOR OUR COOP
Meet Morgan, he is one of our Team Managers at Halstead Supermarket in Essex. Morgan demonstrates that as a Team Manager with East of England Co-op, you will have a real opportunity to realise your own potential whilst making a positive difference to your team and local community.
You will work alongside the Branch Manager to drive high standards and excellent service in branch, meeting the needs of our customers and maximising opportunities for success! We believe this is best achieved through having a skilled, engaged, and diverse team. As Team Manager, you will be responsible for helping colleagues to realise their full potential through regular feedback, coaching and support. Not only will you make an impact on colleagues, but you will also have the chance to influence those living in your store’s community through supporting local causes and events. Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! You don’t need to have worked in this environment before, but you’ll need to show that you can adapt, prioritise, and make quick, smart decisions. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby store and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
- Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management
- Deputising for your Branch Manager (there may be times when you will be in sole charge of the store)
- Ensure that your branch is at the top of its game, offering great standards and delivering excellent customer service
- Make sure that your branch is operating safe and legally
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Promoting membership
We’re pleased to offer a home delivery service in a number of our stores which is operated by our in-house teams. If there is any requirement to drive and undertake deliveries as part of this role, this will be discussed with you as part of the recruitment process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to support and motivate others Flexible, hard-working, and confident
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, with a genuine commitment to great customer service
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op