Team Manager (Food)
As a Team Manager with East of England Co-op, you will have a real opportunity to realise your own potential whilst making a positive difference to your team and local community.
The role of Team Manager is an integral part of the store’s management team. You will work alongside the Branch Manager to drive high standards and excellent service in branch, meeting the needs of our customers and maximising opportunities for success!
We believe this is best achieved through having a skilled, engaged and diverse team. As Team Manager, you will be responsible for helping colleagues to realise their full potential through regular feedback, coaching and support.
Not only will you make an impact on colleagues, but you will also have the chance to influence those living in your store’s community through supporting local causes and events.
Food retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving; you are unlikely to have two days the same and this is what makes working in our stores exciting! You don’t need to have worked in this environment before, but you’ll need to show that you can adapt, prioritise and make quick, smart decisions. We are truly local, so you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported by nearby store and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team.
- Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management
- Deputising for your Branch Manager (there may be times when you will be in sole charge of the store)
- Ensure that your branch is at the top of its game, offering great standards and delivering excellent customer service
- Make sure that your branch is operating safe and legally
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Promoting membership
We’re pleased to offer a home delivery service in a number of our stores which is operated by our in-house teams. If there is any requirement to drive and undertake deliveries as part of this role, this will be discussed with you as part of the recruitment process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to support and motivate others
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, with a genuine commitment to great customer service
- Good understanding/level of numeracy, literacy and IT
Experience of leading a team would be great but not essential as we are more
Your local Coop needs you!
So why come and work for us?
- We pay above the full adult rate of pay for all colleagues irrespective of age and we offer our colleagues holiday, pension and family leave benefits over and above statutory requirements. Oh, and we offer great colleague discount too! (including 20% off in our food stores).
- You will benefit from our award-winning ‘Know-How’ training programme, helping you to achieve your true potential as a Team Manager. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
- We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps college, caring commitments or other employment. Yes we operate 7 days a week from early morning well into the evening but we aim to create shift patterns that work for both our Coop and our colleagues.
- Our key purpose is to make profit so that we are able to invest in our local communities rather than provide rich returns to institutional investors.
- We pride ourselves on the level of customer service our colleagues provide to our customers. Taking time to chat to a customer who may live alone holds greater value than how many items in a minute you can scan at the checkout.
If these points resonate with you and you would like to work for a business that strives to be the most valued in the East of England then please read on…..
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve! If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
East of England Co-op