Team Manager (Food Retail)
We are opening two stores in South Cambridgeshire (Waterbeach & One Cambridge Square) and we are looking for Team Managers (Full & Part time opportunities available) who will assist our Branch Manager and Assistant Manager in working and effectively managing both locations.
Join our team and embark on an exciting journey as a Team Manager, working alongside the Management Team to drive exceptional standards and provide outstanding service in our branch. At our company, we firmly believe that success is achieved through a skilled, engaged, and diverse team, and as a Team Manager, you will play a crucial role in helping your colleagues reach their full potential. Through regular feedback, coaching, and support, you will have the opportunity to make a profound impact on their professional growth.
But that's not all - as a Team Manager, you will also have the chance to make a positive difference in the community surrounding our store. By actively supporting local causes and events, you will be able to influence and connect with the people living in your store's neighbourhood, creating lasting relationships and leaving a meaningful impact.
Working in our stores means embracing a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment. No two days will be the same, and this is precisely what makes the experience so exhilarating. While prior experience in this field is not mandatory, we are looking for individuals who can adapt swiftly, prioritise effectively, and make smart decisions in the face of challenges.
We take pride in being a truly local company, which means you can have peace of mind knowing that you will receive full support from nearby store and Head Office colleagues, as well as your in-store team. Our commitment to fostering a collaborative and supportive work culture ensures that you will thrive in your role and have access to the resources you need to succeed.
Join our team today and discover a rewarding career where you can make a difference both within our co-op and the community we serve.
- Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management
- Deputising for your Branch Manager (there may be times when you will be in sole charge of the store)
- Ensure that your branch is at the top of its game, offering great standards and delivering excellent customer service
- Make sure that your branch is operating safe and legally
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Promoting membership
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to support and motivate others Flexible, hard-working, and confident
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, with a genuine commitment to great customer service
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op