Senior Funeral Co-Ordinator
We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across the East of England for over 90 years. We know that our Funeral Co-ordinators are the ‘heartbeat’ of this service as the main point of contact for our clients, families and local communities.
You will support clients and families, offering specialist advice and guidance during, what is often, a difficult time for them. They place their complete trust and confidence in us and our Funeral Co-ordinators recognise that we only have one opportunity to deliver a faultless final tribute.
You will also need to demonstrate the same professionalism when advising on other services, such as pre-payment plans and masonry.
We will fully support you in engaging with local projects and supporting important causes, helping you to establish the East of England Co-op Funeral Services and you, as an individual, in the community; our colleagues regularly tell us how rewarding this is!
Previous experience of Funerals would be desirable. We are truly local, so whatever experience you bring to this role, you can be reassured that you will be fully supported by nearby branches and Head Office colleagues, as well as your line manager.
- Provide a professional service to clients, advising on funeral services, pre-payment plans, masonry and ancillary services
- When co-ordinating a funeral service, liaise with the Funeral Director, as well as third parties (e.g. Crematorium, Minister) to ensure that this is carried out in accordance with the client’s wishes and instructions
- Efficiently complete all required administration tasks (including those required as part of financial and statutory procedures)
- Provide information about after-care services, such as our bereavement support groups
- To be responsible for the overall standard, service and compliance of the branch
- Co-ordinate and support chapel visits (either in-branch or at the local Chapel of Rest)
- Play an active role in the community, developing relationships with key stakeholders and engaging with local causes, projects and initiatives
- Required to cover other branches.
- To be comfortable with ‘lone-working’.
- May be required to participate in the out of hours duty team/rota.
- To have a good knowledge of the local area(s).
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to operate effectively as a funeral co-ordinator with all aspects of any branch duties with little prior knowledge of existing work in progress there
- Previous experience of working within funeral services
- Previous administration experience
- Driving Licence
- IT literacy
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Professional and empathetic approach
- Attention to detail (in work, as well as own conduct and presentation)
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 10% off in our Food stores) – these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague benefits’ section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business. Please indicate your availability within your application.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op