Post Room Assistant
Wherstead Park is 'home' to not only our East of England Co-op colleagues, but also to many other businesses and their valued teams.
As Post Room Assistant, you’ll provide these colleagues and businesses with excellent service through effectively managing and processing all incoming and outgoing post and deliveries, and responding to any associated questions or queries they may have.
A lot of Head Office teams are currently working from home under Government guidelines but, as part of the role, you'll normally get to meet lots of different people. The role also offers variety, in offering the opportunity to get involved with different tasks with the facilities management and events teams.
• Receive and sort incoming post and packages, distributing these to the correct colleagues, departments, or tenants.
• Collect outgoing post, packages and other items from colleagues, departments, and tenants.
• Process and register the details of external post, using the Royal Mail portal and prepare items for collection.
• Deliver urgent items or packages to other Society locations, external businesses / offices and the Post Office, as required.
• Administrative tasks including photocopying, filing and maintaining records
• Ensure office facilities consumables maintained.
As part of the role, you’ll also be asked to support the facilities management and events teams, with tasks like emergency light testing, gritting the car park in bad weather and setting up rooms for meetings and events.
The Ideal Candidate
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service.
• Good interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues.
• IT literate (able to use Microsoft Office and the Internet).
• Effective written communication skills and an excellent eye for detail.
• Able to work efficiently under pressure, without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail.
• A team player, who’s equally happy to proactively work on their own for periods of time.
• Flexible approach to work (both in terms of working hours and ability to adapt to varying demands).
• Full UK driving licence, comfortable to drive a small van.
Whilst not essential, basic maintenance skills would be desirable as you’ll be required to support the maintenance team from time to time on basic tasks.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
COVID-19 Recruitment Statement
Our colleague’s health and wellbeing is our priority and we have taken all reasonable steps to protect our teams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whilst we have a number of measures in place to make our workplaces COVID-secure, applicants should be aware that the vast majority of our vacancies are for customer-facing roles. Whilst you are not obliged to share the details of any health conditions as part of your application, we would encourage you to consider any Government guidance which might apply to you. The latest advice for clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable people can be found here (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
If you would like to discuss a vacancy prior to making an application, please contact email@example.com.
East of England Co-op