As a Portfolio Manager you will maximise the profit and capital appreciation of the Society’s total property portfolio. As a Portfolio Manager you will interrogate the portfolio and prepare and implement, in conjunction with the Head of Estates, plans for disposals, refurbishments and redevelopment. As a Portfolio Manager you will create, implement and maintain initiatives to ensure the investment property portfolio maximises income and capital growth and is fit for purpose, according with the strategy. As a Portfolio Manager you will undertake complex and high profile rent reviews, lease renewals and estate management tasks.
- To maximise the profit and capital appreciation of the Society’s total property portfolio.
- To interrogate the portfolio and prepare and implement, in conjunction with the Head of Estates, plans for disposals, refurbishments and redevelopment.
- Create, implement and maintain initiatives to ensure the investment property portfolio maximises income and capital growth and is fit for purpose, according with the strategy.
- Manage and maintain benchmarking tools to analyse and review the Society’s property holding.
- Undertake complex and high profile rent reviews, lease renewals and estate management tasks.
- Coach, mentor and assist Management Surveyors in implementing the aspects of their role.
- Ensure the property portfolio is fit for purpose by ensuring statutory compliance and best practice is adopted in all areas of property.
- Mitigate and reduce outgoings of the Society by robustly negotiating rental levels and lease terms of “leased in” property.
- Be responsible for ensuring dilapidations are discharged in accordance with lease terms in all instances and robustly negotiate the best commercial and cost-effective terms.
- Undertake complex valuation exercises including Year End Valuations and manage efficiently on a value for money basis all resources deployed in such programs.
- Effective management of external consultants.
- Participate in the Transaction Team to acquire new trading opportunities in accordance with the strategy and in conjunction with the Head of Estates.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate the values and integrity reflective of the Society’s values and principles.
- Extensive experience with a minimum 5 years post qualification experience in a Commercial Property/Portfolio Management role as a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors;
- Wide experience of dealing with Local Authorities, Agents, Developers and others involved in the property management, acquisition and disposal industry;
- Capable people manager with a track record of successfully managing people;
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – both verbally and in writing;
- Opportunistic and entrepreneurial – can make a convincing business case for property related investment;
- Financially astute;
- An enthusiastic, committed team player with a good sense of humour;
- Excellent organisational abilities; able to work under pressure, be flexible and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to relate to people at all levels within the Society and external stakeholders;
- Prepare reports for the Head of Estates in a concise and timely manner and in an easily understandable way;
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op