Portfolio Estates Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Portfolio/Estates Manager, working as part our team at our Head Office in Suffolk. As our Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for maximising the profit and capital appreciation of the Society’s diverse property portfolio. We are one of the largest private landowners in our region, with over 700 properties.
- To grow the profit and enhance the value of the Society’s total property portfolio (investment and operational).
- Review the portfolio and prepare and implement, in conjunction with the Head of Estates, plans for disposals, refurbishments and redevelopment.
- Create, implement and maintain initiatives to ensure the investment property portfolio maximises income and capital growth, minimises voids and is fit for purpose, according with the strategy.
- Manage and maintain benchmarking tools to analyse and review the Society’s property holding.
- Undertake complex and high profile rent reviews, lease renewals and estate management tasks.
- Mentor, in conjunction with colleagues, the Graduate Surveyor in implementing the aspects of their role.
- Ensure the property portfolio is fit for purpose by ensuring statutory compliance and best practice is adopted in all areas of property.
- Be responsible for ensuring that any dilapidations claims are negotiated in a commercial and cost-effective manner, in accordance with lease terms.
- Effective management of external consultants and internal services provided by colleagues.
- Assist (as required) the Transaction Team to acquire new trading opportunities in accordance with the strategy and in conjunction with the Head of Estates.
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to lead by example and demonstrate the values and integrity reflective of the Society’s values and principles.
- Preferably a minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in a Commercial Property/Estates Management role as a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Experience of dealing with Local Authorities, Agents, Developers and others involved in the property management, acquisition and disposal industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels – both verbally and in writing.
- Opportunistic and entrepreneurial – can make a convincing business case for property related investment.
- Financially astute.
- An enthusiastic, committed team player with a good sense of humour.
- Excellent organisational abilities; able to work under pressure, be flexible and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels within the Society, as well as external stakeholders.
- Prepare reports for the Head of Estates in a concise and timely manner and in an easily understandable way.
- Good IT literacy, able to use MS Office packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience of using a computerised property management system (Propman or similar) would be desirable.
- Current valid driving license.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed during the recruitment process.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op