Mobile Funeral Arranger
We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across the East of England for over 90 years. We know that our Funeral Co-ordinators are the ‘heartbeat’ of this service as the main point of contact for our clients, families and local communities.
You will support clients and families, offering specialist advice and guidance during, what is often, a difficult time for them. They place their complete trust and confidence in us and our Funeral Co-ordinators recognise that we only have one opportunity to deliver a faultless final tribute.
You will also need to demonstrate the same professionalism when advising on other services, such as pre-payment plans and masonry.
We will fully support you in engaging with local projects and supporting important causes, helping you to establish the East of England Co-op Funeral Services and you, as an individual, in the community; our colleagues regularly tell us how rewarding this is!
Previous experience of Funerals would be desirable. We are truly local, so whatever experience you bring to this role, you can be reassured that you will be fully supported by nearby branches and Head Office colleagues, as well as your line manager.
- Provide a professional service to clients, advising on funeral services, pre-payment plans, masonry and ancillary services
- When co-ordinating a funeral service, liaise with the Funeral Director, as well as third parties (e.g. Crematorium, Minister) to ensure that this is carried out in accordance with the client’s wishes and instructions
- Efficiently complete all required administration tasks (including those required as part of financial and statutory procedures)
- Provide information about after-care services, such as our bereavement support groups
- To be responsible for the overall standard, service and compliance of the branch
- Co-ordinate and support chapel visits (either in-branch or at the local Chapel of Rest)
- Play an active role in the community, developing relationships with key stakeholders and engaging with local causes, projects and initiatives
- Required to cover other branches.
- To be comfortable with ‘lone-working’.
- May be required to participate in the out of hours duty team/rota.
- To have a good knowledge of the local area(s)
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to operate effectively as a funeral co-ordinator with all aspects of any branch duties with little prior knowledge of existing work in progress there
- Previous experience of working within funeral services
- Previous administration experience
- Driving Licence
- IT literacy
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Professional and empathetic approach
- Attention to detail (in work, as well as own conduct and presentation)
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op