Memorial Production Manager
We’re proud of our team at H.L Perfitt who use their 450 years of combined experience in stonemasonry to create and fit bespoke monumental, burial and cremation memorials, as well as beautiful kitchen worktops and limestone bathrooms.
We’re looking for a motivational and innovative Production Manager to lead our memorials team. Reporting to (and supported by) the General Manager you’ll play a key role within the management team, responsible for the delivery and continuous improvement of the memorials manufacturing process. You won’t do this alone - the coaching and development of our skilled colleagues will be key to your success. You'll take the same pride in seeing your colleagues achieve their full potential, as you will in realising your own.
As Memorial Production Manager, you’ll ensure that we produce fitting tributes and deliver an exceptional and sensitive client service, whilst seeing that key business performance metrics are still achieved. If you’re an Operational / Production Manager who’s able to balance both, we would welcome the opportunity to review your application.
- Overall responsibility for memorial production, fitting requirements and associated administration processes, ensuring efficiency, compliance and exceptional customer service at all times
- Monitor ongoing business performance (e.g. service and financial KPIs); take corrective action to achieve targets and take advantage of any opportunities to exceed these
- Create momentum for positive change with the memorials department, also supporting other areas of the business (e.g. Kitchens and Funeral Services)
- Develop high performing, skilled and engaged colleagues, ensuring we have the right ‘skills mix’ within the memorials team
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, ensuring they are aware of the wider business goals and the impact of their individual contribution
- Prepare and present to the General Manager opportunities for growth / improvements and action these accordingly
- Ensure health & safety compliance throughout our processes and teams
This role is based at our recently refurbished premises in Diss, on the Suffolk / Norfolk border.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Operational / Production Manager
- Ability to drive and deliver process compliance and efficiency, as well as high levels of customer service
- A motivational and inspiring leader
- Commercially astute
- Sensitive communication and interpersonal skills, effective with all stakeholders (e.g. direct reports, customers, senior colleagues)
- A practical and well-organised approach
- Determined and resilient, with the ability to innovate and deliver different ideas through effective change management
- Good level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Current valid driving license
Whilst not essential, we’d also like to hear from people with the following skills / experience:
- Experience of manufacturing
- IOSH Safety qualification
- Knowledge of the funeral / memorials process and associated administration
- Recognised Management training / qualification (or willingness to work towards this in the future)
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
You will also benefit from our award-winning ‘Know-How’ training programme, helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we advocate 'growing' our own talent and have supported lots of our colleagues to go on to specialist and senior management roles.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
About the Company
H.L Perfitt form part of the East of England Co-op’s diverse portfolio of businesses.
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve. If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Statement
Our colleague’s health and wellbeing is our priority and we have taken all reasonable steps to protect our teams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whilst we have a number of measures in place to make our workplaces COVID-secure, applicants should be aware that the vast majority of our vacancies are for customer-facing roles. Whilst you are not obliged to share the details of any health conditions as part of your application, we would encourage you to consider any Government guidance which might apply to you. The latest advice for clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable people can be found here (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
If you would like to discuss a vacancy prior to making an application, please contact email@example.com.
East of England Co-op