HR Services Administrator
So why come and work for us?
- We’re one of the largest regional employers and we are proud of what we do and how we do things. From how we support local producers through our Sourced Locally Initiative, leading the way on Food waste with the Co-op Guide to dating and launching the East of England Community Cares Fund to help meet the changing needs of community groups and charities during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- We operate a range of businesses such as Funeral, Travel, Stonemasonry, Events and Security, as well as Post Offices, Forecourts in conjunction with our Food stores.
- We’re a friendly, supportive People Team and you’ll have lots of opportunity to learn new skills.
- We offer our colleagues holiday, pension and family leave benefits over and above statutory requirements. Oh, and we offer great colleague discount too! Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
What is the role?
Our People Team provides our different businesses with a wide range of support including resourcing, employee relations, HR administration & payroll services amongst others. This Apprenticeship will primarily focus on our HR and payroll administration activities. We will provide the support and development so that over time you will be multi-skilled to undertake a wide range of HR and payroll administration activities. This will include the recruitment and on-boarding of new starters; administering contract changes, family leave arrangements and leavers; as well supporting line managers and colleagues with a wide range of HR, payroll and benefits queries.
What can I get out of an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are a fantastic way to build confidence, learn new skills and obtain qualifications, whilst earning. They combine practical training with study, both on and off the job. This Apprenticeship is open to current colleagues or external applicants aged 16 or over who are not already in education or doing another qualification and who do not already possess the skills and knowledge the apprenticeship programme will deliver.
The successful candidate will undertake a Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship. This Apprenticeship will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in:
• HR systems and processes
• The role and focus of an HR function
• HR legislation and policies
• Providing HR advice in a range of areas, from recruitment to retirement
• Recruitment activity, including the use of internal and external platforms and developing job adverts
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to develop the above skills and the motivation and criteria to achieve the Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship standard. Applicants will need to already be proficient in basic IT applications such as Word and Email, with good numeracy and literacy skills, ideally achieving GCSE level 9-4 or A-C or equivalent in both subjects. They must also work with high standards of accuracy and attention to detail. The Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in the People Team working in some very different ways so the ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing circumstances is also key.
Apprentice Rate of Pay; £9.01/ hour – to be reviewed in line with progression
Your local Coop needs you!
Are you looking to develop your skills and knowledge in the field of Human Resources? If so, our People Team are seeking to fill a vacancy with an HR Apprentice.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op