Funeral Sales Advisor
Are you experienced in sales and looking to work for a different kind of business?
We’re looking for a Funeral Sales Advisor to join us. You’ll use your broad range of skills and experience in sales - not just to actively sell yourself - but to contribute towards developing the sales capability of our funeral and stonemasonry businesses and colleagues.
We pride ourselves on our service to our clients and customers so you’ll need to demonstrate that you can continue your successful sales career in this sensitive and compassionate environment. Whilst this might be challenging for someone without the right skillset, we also think it will be really rewarding to know you’ve helped our clients and customers to arrange the pre-paid funeral plan or memorial masonry product that’s right for them.
- Become our pre-paid funeral plan and memorial masonry sales expert, gaining and building knowledge of our products and range, understanding existing and new regulations, assisting in building customer profiles and monitoring changing industry trends.
- Outbound sales (in response to ‘warm’ leads) and prospecting for our pre-paid funeral plans and memorial masonry. This includes making first calls, closing sales, setting in-branch appointments and monitoring next steps and outcomes.
- Contribute to reviews of our customer/client journeys, making recommendations and assisting the future development of our product ranges.
- Support existing and new business development activities (e.g. helping to develop and maintain relationships with key accounts and other external stakeholders).
- Support branch colleagues and performance, through ‘quality-checking’ sales and by sharing sales guidance / best practice to colleagues.
- Assist in the development of an internal sales training module for funeral and stonemasonry colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience and success in selling and closing sales, with the confidence and drive to meet and or exceed goals
- Use and understanding of sales techniques
- Customer / client focused
- Strong communicator and active listener
- Confident with good interpersonal skills
- Prospecting skills
- Able to demonstrate an appropriate tone, showing the empathy and sympathy required to work within a sensitive and compassionate industry
- Ability to lead, motivate and support colleagues
- Time management skills
- Good standard of Maths, English and IT literacy
Whilst not essential, a working understanding of these industries, along with experience of presenting product ranges to prospective clients and networking skills, would be desirable.
In line with Government advice, we’re currently working from home, where possible. However, where required, the role may require physical attendance at our sites across the East of England. Therefore, the successful candidate will also require a full UK driving licence.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve. If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
East of England Co-op