To provide support to the events team with setup, execution and breakdown of both internal and external events.
To provide support to the events team with particular emphasis on the operations and running of events for both internal and commercial clients.
To multitask and deliver exceptional standards of service to internal and external clients in a fast paced environment to assist with the delivery of successful events.
To represent the Wherstead Park brand and enhance the reputation of the business through the building of strong working relationships with all clients/potential clients.
Work as part of the team to ensure every aspect of any event is thoroughly considered and that the detail is correct, providing the client with an event that exceeds expectation.
To have a ‘hands-on’ involvement in the set up and breakdown of events, including the installation of audio and visual content and catering for conferences and events, with a heavy emphasis on serving customers directly.
To have knowledge of and follow Society policies and procedures in relation to basic food safety, manual handling, fire safety and working at heights to support the safe running of events.
To work a mixture of days, evenings and weekends as required in support of the Conference and Events Team, respecting that these will form a significant part of the role in light of the industry within which Wherstead Park operates. Therefore, a driving license is also essential.
To be able to ‘think on your feet’ and overcome obstacles in a live environment.
To carry out any additional duties as necessary to fulfil the requirements of the Events Assistant role as requested by the team.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi task and organise others.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- A proactive “can do” attitude and a real team player.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, often to tight timescales.
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Communication skills – excellent written English and use of visual communication tools.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op