We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across the East of England for over 90 years. We know that our Funeral Co-ordinators are the ‘heartbeat’ of this service as the main point of contact for our clients, families, and local communities.
You will also need to demonstrate the same professionalism when advising on other services, such as pre-payment plans and masonry.
We will fully support you in engaging with local projects and supporting important causes, helping you to establish the East of England Co-op Funeral Services and you, as an individual, in the community; our colleagues regularly tell us how rewarding this is!
Whilst previous experience of Funerals would be desirable, this isn’t essential; we’re more interested in hearing from individuals who can demonstrate that they have the personality, empathy and people skills suited to this environment. We are truly local, so whatever experience you bring to this role, you can be reassured that you will be fully supported by nearby branches and Head Office colleagues, as well as your line manager.
- To manage the diary of funeral bookings
- To ensure all funeral service bookings are made at achievable times, and to liaise with colleagues over such bookings such as funeral arrangers
- To ensure cost effective and operationally achievable crewing arrangements for all funeral services
- To ensure break time allocations are reflected in bookings of Funeral services
- To liaise where required with crematoria and cemeteries regarding the booking of funeral services
- To ensure all operational day sheet information is completed and circulated on time and accurately on all occasions
- To ensure day sheet information is checked with colleagues prior to submission
- To organise and allocate tasks to all colleagues involved in the funeral arrangement process
- To discuss with the Chapel Manager all issues related to work volume performance or conduct
- To liaise with ministers, celebrants, doctors and any other outside agencies as necessary (baby contracts IPS)
- To make effective and efficient use of the EMCOM system
- To comply with all legal departmental or Society guidelines with regards to health and safety
- To safeguard the assets of both the Society and clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Able to provide basic direction to colleagues
- Able to act promptly where problems arise
- Able to work effectively in a pressurised environment
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 20% off in our Food stores) – these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague benefits’ section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business. Please indicate your availability within your application.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op