We are looking for a Designer to join our Member and Customer team. As a Designer you will work within the Corporate Communications team producing creative for campaigns across a range of channels and projects.
- Produce creative marketing materials which support marketing campaigns and other projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to contribute creative ideas as part of planning process.
- Agree creative direction for project, subject to agreed brand guidelines and direction.
- Produce creative marketing materials which are detailed in the project plan/brief and meet the agreed creative direction.
- Gather feedback and revise accordingly.
- Ensure all materials & files are delivered on time and stored in agreed locations and formats.
- Build productive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Support development of our brand, as directed by Head of Marketing
- Contribute creative ideas which develop how we communicate our brand’s vision, mission, and strategies.
- Maintain & develop brand guidelines and standard creative marketing assets (logos, fonts etc.)
- Where required, produce brand guidelines & associated creative marketing materials for new marketing properties or new businesses.
- Support development of digital design skills.
- Contribute ideas for development of digital creative process.
- Share expertise and knowledge with wider team to encourage skills development.
The Ideal Candidate
- Confident and up-to-date practical design skills, including demonstrable commercial experience with Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Confident with presenting and communicating creative ideas to a diverse audience – including senior stakeholders.
- Ability to brief and devise new and creative solutions which meet business objectives.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively and build consensus.
- Resilient, positive, and solutions-focused mindset.
- Full UK driving license.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Digital and multimedia creative, including production of dynamic adverts (HTML5 and other formats), web design (mobile and desktop), email marketing and animation / video experience.
- Front-end web design or development experience.
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op