Customer Service Assistant (Post Office)
Our Customer Service Assistants are integral to the success of our business. You will likely be the first person that our customers meet and the service you provide is key in ensuring that they return to shop with us time and time again.
- To be aware of and knowledgeable about the wide range of services and products available through the Post Office and seek to increase sales of these services
- To handle all cash, vouchers, cheques and other data accurately and with a high degree of security and confidentiality
- To complete all returns, accounts and forms in line with procedures and relevant time scales
- To be constantly vigilant to potential fraud
- Gain appropriate advice to request/order Post Office supplies in a timely manner.
- You must maintain high levels of cleanliness and housekeeping
- Report any safety & security related incidents or other significant events
- Complete all compliance related training courses required
- Requirement to pass the P250 Post Office security form
Please note: some of our stores share colleagues between the Food Store & Post Office functions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Basic level of numeracy and literacy
- Basic IT literacy
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 20% off in our Foodstores) – these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague benefits’ section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
We’re here to serve our communities when they need us, so our colleagues are required to cover a number of different shifts across our trading hours, which include early mornings, evenings and weekends. We promote flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss different ways of working (please indicate your availability within your application).
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
East of England Co-op