Customer Service Assistant (Food)
The CSA role is the first point of contact that many customers have with the Society, and therefore you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service. This could include smiling, maintaining eye contact and listening carefully to how you can help that individual. The goal being that they have a positive experience every time which will encourage them to return to the branch.
- Working both on the till and the shop floor (some of our stores also contain Post Office & Subway facilities, that you should expect to be trained on)
- Replenishing stock
- Assistance with deliveries
- Helping to ensure the warehouse is kept clean and orderly
- Helping promote causes such as: membership to the Society, purchasing local produce and supporting fair trade
- Maintaining high levels of cleanliness, housekeeping and food hygiene (i.e. checking food temperatures & dates)
- Ensuring your branch complies with all health & safety, food safety, security related policy and the Society's "challenge 25" policy
- Reporting any safety & security related incidents or other significant events appropriately
- Completing all compliance & safety eLearning courses to ensure your safety and help you learn new skills
- Potentially speaking to officials (such as Trading Standards) that may visit your store
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be great at providing friendly customer service
- You should have a good standard of English and working with numbers to meet the job requirements
- Be able to work efficiently and flexibly as a member of a team
Click here to view colleague benefits https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
To find out more please click on the following link https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
East of England Co-op