Customer Service Assistant (Food Retail)
Our Customer Service Assistants are integral to the success of our business, now more than ever.
We are looking for temporary colleagues to support our fantastic in-store teams in ensuring we continue to provide our members and customers with great service. You’ll be with us for a four-week period initially, on a flexible-hours contract (this may be extended, as appropriate).
You’ll mainly be filling shelves and helping customers on the shopfloor. You might also be required to support in other areas too, such as on the tills.
You don’t need to have worked in this environment before; we’ll provide you with all the training and ‘know-how’ you’ll need to do a great job. What is really important is that you have a good work ethic, along with a flexible approach and helpful attitude.
- Offering a friendly and helpful service to our members and customers
- Making sure the store is well-stocked with products (including working deliveries, filling shelves, etc.)
- Working safely and legally, including processing age-related sales on the tills (as required)
- Any other reasonable tasks to support the running of the store
The Ideal Candidate
- Friendly and helpful attitude
- Genuine commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Basic level of literacy (incl. numeracy and IT)
*PAY RATE RISING TO £8.76 PER HOUR FROM 29TH MARCH 2020*
We’re here to serve our communities when they need us, so our colleagues are required to cover a number of different shifts across our trading hours, which include early mornings, evenings and weekends. Please indicate your availability to work within your application.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve! If you would like to join us, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
East of England Co-op