Credit Control Supervisor
Are you a skilled credit control professional looking for a new challenge?
Join our Finance team as a Credit Control Supervisor and play a pivotal role in managing our debt levels and shaping our debt collection processes. We are also embarking on an exciting finance system migration, and you will have the opportunity to be involved in its implementation.
As part of our Sales Ledger team, you will collaborate with colleagues and assist them with various tasks. If you excel at building relationships, have a proactive mindset, and possess excellent communication skills, we want to hear from you!
- Maximise debt recovery by engaging with customers, arranging invoice payments, reducing debtor days, and improving cash flow.
- Take ownership of overdue accounts, proactively chasing them via telephone, email, and post.
- Maintain accurate and detailed audit trails for each customer's account.
- Provide comprehensive debt reports to management on a regular basis.
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls and emails from customers and internal departments.
- Resolve customer queries promptly and accurately.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with colleagues from different areas of the business.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Assist with payment allocations and the reconciliation of the Sales Ledger.
- Support team members as needed.
- Perform any other reasonable tasks assigned by your line manager.
A full job description can be downloaded at the bottom of this web page.
The Ideal Candidate
- Deep understanding of the importance of efficient credit control.
- Appreciation for exceptional customer service and possessing a polite and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding when dealing with clients during challenging times.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of the organization.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities, including the capability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent numeracy and writing skills, including proficiency in composing letters and emails.
- Proficient in Microsoft software products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional accuracy.
- Proactive and self-motivated, capable of managing workload independently and supporting team goals.
- Positive attitude toward change and continuous improvement, with a solid understanding of handling financial information.
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op