Control Room Operative
We’re really proud of our state of the art and fully accredited monitoring and alarm receiving centre (ARC) located within our own Head Office. Monitored 24/7 by our friendly, highly skilled and professional team, it provides a first-class service to not only our own businesses, but to external customers and clients across the country too.
As a Control Room Operative, you’ll form a fundamental part of this amazing team. We think knowing the vital role you’re playing in keeping property and, most importantly, people safe is really rewarding.
You could be the first person responding to a potential emergency, whether that be a security alarm or a colleague pressing a panic button in-store. Alternatively, you could be monitoring and downloading CCTV footage to support internal and external (e.g. Police) investigations.
Whilst previous experience in security / monitoring would be great, this is not essential. What’s really important is your ability to remain calm under pressure and to work methodically to capture and relay known information, recognising that how you react impacts how the wider Security team can respond.
We are truly local so, whatever your experience, you can work safe in the knowledge that you will be fully supported in this role by the on-site and remote Security team, as well as other Head Office colleagues
- Ensure that all telephone calls (and emails) are dealt with professionally and escalated in accordance with procedures
- Monitor CCTV and alarm systems and ensure that any response required is actioned within prescribed timeframes
- Ensure that reports and statements are accurately documented in a timely manner
- To review, investigate and prepare CCTV as requested by internal and external parties
- Support procedures regarding the safety / welfare of lone-working colleagues
- Prepare task lists for the Retail Security Officers
- To work in accordance with Society and British Standards
The Ideal Candidate
- Flexible, hard-working and self-motivated
- Professional with a commitment to delivering exceptional service
- Great team player (the ARC is a ‘different’ kind of working environment so team work is even more important!)
- Able to interpret information and make sound judgements
- Reacts quickly and embraces change
- Able to communicate effectively and empathise with colleagues and third parties
- IT literate
- SIA CCTV license (training can be provided for the successful applicant)
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 10% off in our Foodstores) – these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague benefits’ section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
The ARC operates 24/7, 365 days a year. Therefore, the successful applicant will be required to work a variety of shifts, including overnight and weekends. We promote flexible working arrangements and are happy to discuss different ways of working which suit both you and the ARC (please indicate your availability within your application).
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve! If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Statement
Our colleague’s health and wellbeing is our priority and we have taken all reasonable steps to protect our teams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whilst we have a number of measures in place to make our workplaces COVID-secure, applicants should be aware that the vast majority of our vacancies are for customer-facing roles. Whilst you are not obliged to share the details of any health conditions as part of your application, we would encourage you to consider any Government guidance which might apply to you. The latest advice for clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable people can be found here (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
If you would like to discuss a vacancy prior to making an application, please contact email@example.com.
East of England Co-op