Join our dynamic Risk and Assurance team! We are looking for a Compliance Advisor to become a vital member of our Secretariat department, you'll play a key role in managing and governing risks across our business. Your focus will encompass Health & Safety, Fleet, internal assurance, advising colleagues, and contributing to the development and review of Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, COSHH, and other safety & risk management areas.
This is a hybrid-working position which will require a proportion of the working week working in our office. We promote flexible working and are happy to consider job share/part-time applications. The arrangements of this can be discussed at Interview.
The principal accountabilities for this role include:
- Health and Safety
- Fleet Administration
- Internal Assurance Information
- Overall Business and Team Support
We encourage you to look further into the role and its requirements by viewing our Job Description which can be found at the bottom of this web page.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in office administration with strong ICT skills, especially in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communication and relationship-building across all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Efficient problem-solving skills with a proactive and positive approach to mitigating risks.
- Strong organisational abilities to effectively manage workloads and prioritise tasks for yourself and the team.
- A keen desire and commitment to learning and developing in safety and risk management.
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op