Central Services Clerk
Wherstead Park is 'home' to not only our East of England Co-op colleagues, but also to many other businesses and their valued teams.
As Central Services Clerk, you’ll provide these colleagues and businesses with excellent service through effectively managing and processing all incoming and outgoing post and deliveries, and responding to any associated questions or queries they may have.
A lot of Head Office teams are currently working from home under Government guidelines but, as part of the role, you'll normally get to meet lots of different people. The role also offers variety, in offering the opportunity to get involved with different tasks with the facilities management and events teams.
- Receive and sort incoming post and packages, distributing these to the correct colleagues, departments, or tenants.
- Collect outgoing post, packages and other items from colleagues, departments, and tenants.
- Process and register the details of external post, using the Royal Mail portal and prepare items for collection.
- Deliver urgent items or packages to other Society locations, external businesses / offices and the Post Office, as required.
- Administrative tasks including photocopying, filing and maintaining records
- Ensure office facilities consumables maintained.
As part of the role, you’ll also be asked to support the facilities management and events teams, with tasks like emergency light testing, gritting the car park in bad weather and setting up rooms for meetings and events.
The Ideal Candidate
- Commitment to delivering excellent ‘customer’ service.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with customers and colleagues.
- IT literate (able to use Microsoft Office and the Internet).
- Effective written communication skills.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure, without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail.
- A team player, who’s equally happy to proactively work on their own for periods of time.
- Flexible approach to work (both in terms of working hours and ability to adapt to varying demands).
- Full UK driving licence, comfortable to drive a small van.
Whilst not essential, basic maintenance skills would be desirable.
Alongside a competitive salary, we also offer enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our colleague discount scheme (including 10% off in our Foodstores) – these are just a few benefits of working for us! Full details can be viewed on the ‘Colleague benefits’ section of our website.
You will benefit from our award-winning training helping you to achieve your true potential. Should you have your sights on career progression in the future, we’ve supported lots of our colleagues through Apprenticeships and to develop into managerial and professional roles.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business. Please indicate your availability within your application.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other.
We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
We’ve been able to achieve success for over 150 years because of our people and we encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds; you reflect the communities we serve. If you would like to join us on the next part of our journey, please follow the instructions on how to apply.
East of England Co-op