Branch Manager (Travel)
We’re looking for someone with a positive outlook and who embraces change to lead our branch and its colleagues. Retail is fast-paced and constantly evolving - and never has this been more true than it is right now for Travel.
You're passionate about the industry and will strive to ensure that your branch is at its 'A game' at all times. You'll be committed to driving consistent high standards and promoting compliance, as well as making sure that the service your branch provides exceeds our members' and customers' expectations at every opportunity.
You won't do this alone; key to our success is our skilled, engaged and diverse branch teams. You'll take the same pride in seeing your colleagues achieve their full potential, as you do in realising your own.
- Lead and support the branch team
- Ensure that the branch delivers exceptional standards and customer service
- Growing the branch's turnover and profitability (e.g. managing costs, including personnel)
- Make sure that the branch is operating safe and legally (e.g. ABTA and internal compliance)
- Establish the branch as the travel retailer trusted most by its local community
- Build relationships with other branches, customers and Head Office/support colleagues
- Promoting membership
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a direct to customer travel business
- Great interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercially astute
- A confident decision-maker
- Driven, determined and resilient
- Good level of literacy, numeracy and IT literacy
- Self-aware, with commitment to continued professional and personal development
You don't necessarily need to have managed a branch / team before - we will provide you with the training and skills you need to succeed.
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op