Assistant Manager (Food) - Multi Store
We are opening two stores in South Cambridgeshire (Waterbeach & One Cambridge Square) and we are looking for an Assistant Branch Manager who will assist our Branch Manager in working and effectively managing both locations.
Welcome to the exciting and ever-evolving realm of food retail. With the guidance and support of your Branch Manager, you'll have the confidence to lead, make impactful decisions, and drive the performance of multiple branches.
You have a clear vision of what excellence entails, and you're determined to surpass it. By upholding exceptional store standards, maximising profitability, ensuring compliance, and fostering colleague engagement, you'll redefine what it means to serve our valued customers and members. As an integral part of the two new stores, you'll play a vital role in your community, actively supporting local causes and events.
- Leading your team and getting involved with all aspects of people management and development
- Support your Branch Manager in driving exceptional standards, customer service and the store’s financial performance
- Make sure that your branch is operating safe and legally
- Establish the branch as the convenience retailer trusted most by its local community
- Build relationships with other stores and colleagues and the local community
- Promoting membership
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working in a food retail or customer service environment
- Great interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercially aware
- Flexible, hard-working and confident
- Driven, determined and resilient
- Good understanding / level of numeracy, literacy and IT
- Self-aware, with commitment to continued professional and personal development
What’s in it for you
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential. How do we do this?
- Competitive rates of pay
- 20% discount in our food stores, along with other discounts across our family of businesses
- 22 days holiday (plus bank holiday entitlement) which increases with service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- Access to our colleague communications app, The Loop
- Enhanced* family leave and pay arrangements
- Opportunities to grow, with award-winning training and apprenticeship programmes
- Great deals and discounts across 100’s of high street and online retailers
- Financial wellbeing support, including Wagestream®
Check out the detail of all our colleague benefits here.
* Enhanced on statutory terms, subject to service criteria.
We recognise the challenges people face trying to balance commitments both in and out of the workplace - perhaps studying, caring commitments, or other employment. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible, to create shift patterns that work for both our co-op and our colleagues.
About the Company
The East of England Co-op is the largest independent retailer in East Anglia, with over 230 stores and branches across Norfolk, Suffolk, and Essex.
Owned by over 260,000 members – including our colleagues – our vision is to be the most valued organisation in our region, by being a better kind of business and using our profit to make a positive impact on our communities.
Our Community Cares Fund provides hundreds of thousands of pounds to support groups and good causes, with a focus on mental health and wellbeing, food justice for all and creating community spaces.
With a focus on environmental sustainability, we’re proud to have led the way on reducing food waste, being the first major retailer to sell food past its Best Before date for just 10p.
At the East of England Co-op, we strive to be the best place to work. We invest in our colleagues to help them to progress in their careers and achieve their full potential, whether in food retail, funeral services, property investment, travel, security, stonemasonry, events, or our support functions.
Find out more at www.eastofengland.coop
Our Recruitment Process
If this is the job for you, simply click ‘apply’. You will be required to register a profile on our careers page. To do this simply click apply. The good news is you’ll only have to register once – after this, it’ll be easier and quicker to apply for any roles in the future too.
Please note that our working patterns are non-contractual. The advertised working pattern represents the normal working pattern for the role at time of advertisement and is subject to change.
East of England Co-op