Area Manager (Funeral)
We have provided Funeral Services to clients and families across Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire for over 90 years. We’ve invested £10million across the last 3 years which represents our ongoing commitment to our valued colleagues and the communities they serve.
As an Area Manager, you will maintain this commitment by ensuring the consistent delivery of excellent service and standards consistently across your trading area. You’ll perform a key role within the Funeral Services management team, with the overall aim of improving client service, driving business performance and growing our market share. You’ll use your demonstrable experience in operational management to achieve this, leading and motivating your team and ensuring that all opportunities to maximise efficiencies are realised.
If you are an Operational Manager with experience of working in a scale, client-focused business, who would like to work for a different kind of organisation, we would welcome the opportunity to review your application.
- Lead and support the Sector Managers in the delivery of high operational standards and compliance, alongside a first-class customer service
- Monitor ongoing business financial performance (e.g. turnover, personnel, contribution); take corrective action to achieve targets, as well as advantage of any opportunities to exceed these
- Support the Sector Managers in developing a high performing, skilled and engaged team who are proud to work for the East of England Co-op
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, ensuring they are aware of the wider business goals and the impact of their individual contribution
- Prepare and present to the Head of Funeral Operations opportunities for growth (e.g. to increase market share and profitability) and action these accordingly
- Positively represent the East of England Co-op in the industry, its trading areas and with other key stakeholders
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced operational manager, able to satellite manage their direct reports
- Experience of driving exceptional customer service and operational standards
- Strong commercial knowledge/ability with a proven track record in managing and exceeding budgets and targets
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, effective with all stakeholders
- Strikes the balance between a collaborative and consultative way of working with the ability to make decisions and drive positive change autonomously
- Able to manage whilst under pressure, in a sensitive environment
- IT literacy (Microsoft and bespoke packages)
- Effective problem-solving, numeric and analytic skills
Whilst experience of the Funeral Service sector would be advantageous, this is not essential. We’re more than happy to offer the right person the guidance and support they’ll need to adapt, in return for their relevant skills and experience.
This role will require regular travel across the East of England Co-op’s trading areas in Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire, as well as occasional travel to other parts of the UK. As such, the successful candidate will need to have a current valid driving license.
This role offers a competitive salary alongside a company car (or cash allowance). Our colleagues also benefit from enhanced employer pension contribution and holiday entitlement, as well as our discount scheme. Further details can be viewed on our Careers website and would be discussed in detail during the recruitment process.
We understand the importance of balancing work commitments with other activities and responsibilities, which is why we are happy to offer flexible working. We are always looking to find the right solutions to suit our colleagues and the business.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/careers/benefits-of-working-for-the-east-of-england-co-op.
About the Company
As a co-op we’re a different type of business. We’re owned by our members and we work for the benefit of people and our communities, not just for profit. We’re driven by our democratic values which are based around being fair, doing the right thing and caring for all those we deal with. This includes our customers, our suppliers, our environment and each other. We expect colleagues who work with us to share these values. We’re still a business and we work in a very competitive area so it’s still important that we’re efficient and work to the highest professional standards.
Click here to find out more https://www.eastofengland.coop/.
COVID-19 Recruitment Statement
Our colleague’s health and wellbeing is our priority and we have taken all reasonable steps to protect our teams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whilst we have a number of measures in place to make our workplaces COVID-secure, applicants should be aware that the vast majority of our vacancies are for customer-facing roles. Whilst you are not obliged to share the details of any health conditions as part of your application, we would encourage you to consider any Government guidance which might apply to you. The latest advice for clinically vulnerable and clinically extremely vulnerable people can be found here (https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).
If you would like to discuss a vacancy prior to making an application, please contact email@example.com.
East of England Co-op